It is Saturday, which means it should be a day of sleeping in. All was going well until about 6 am when a friend called to tell me that there was a tsunami warning for the state of Hawaii. Not a watch, but a WARNING. I rolled over, poked Brandon, and turned the radio on. Sure enough, there was an earthquake in Chili and it was causing a tsunami throughout the pacific. Okay, I tell myself, stop panicking. I knew that we had somewhere to go if we got evacuated and I hoped that we had enough food to get us through, if we needed it. That being said, I still kicked into administrative mode, and for those of you who know me, know that this can often leave trails of paper and other debris in my wake. I called all the parental units and let everyone know what the plan was. What was the plan?!?!? It changed a lot in the span of an hour and a half.
That all being said, we did hit the grocery store and get stocked up on a couple cases of water and plenty of mac and cheese for Jared. We made sure we had enough propane for the grill. Our grill has a burner on the side that will allow us to use a pan to heat stuff, as well.
So, here we sit. The tsunami is expected to hit in about an hour and we have to just wait. It sucks. The sirens are going off, but we are told to stay put, as we are in a "safe zone".
Just pray.
UPDATE: The tsunami was very uneventful. It caused some fun water conditions, and I use that word fun very loosely. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the water. In fact, one guy was in the water and the newscaster called them a "schmuck" followed by "idiot". Anyway, that is all. We are all dry and safe. Thanks for the prayers and the thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment