Much of the morning was spent like this:
Since the morning started, he has successfully used the potty three times, which always culminates with him taking it into the big toilet, pouring the pee in, and then flushing it, to his delight.
After the third time, he searched his clothes cabinet for his "Big Boy Underwear" (which are at least one size too small), and brought me a pair. I figured it was time to see if he could do it without just running around my house naked.
He was very proud that he got to wear his underwear!
After several changes of underwear (he would start to go, stop, run to the toilet, and finish), he wanted to try and wear his jeans. I am not sure why I argue with my two year old, but I tried to convince him that it was a little early to try wearing clothes on top of the big boy underwear. He then went ahead and found his own jeans, and attempted to put them on.
He was able to wear them for about 10 minutes before we had a HUGE mess. He couldn't get his pants off before he had to finish relieving himself. He was not so amused.
We have now decided that running around naked is the best bet for the time being.
I guess it is time for me to find the money in the budget to clothe my son's bottom.
Here is a sweet picture. It has nothing to with his potty adventure today, but I like it all the same.
My sweet boy:
No comments:
Post a Comment