Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moving Chronicles Pt. 1

Several months ago I posted a blog about the reality of our move inching up closer and closer.  It has been a crazy couple of months, and the move is HERE.  I don't mean that we are moving tomorrow, but we are moving in the next two months.  And, if we want to get really technical, we are moving out of this house in less than 25 days. 

I am an organized person by nature.  I like to have lots of lists and lots of organization when it comes to big things.  For the move I have already created a binder that has no less than 7 lists of things that need to get accomplished in order for our move to go as smoothly as I want.  It has a calendar for every month from May-September so that I can keep myself organized day by day.  Now, when I started the binder I used pen to denote the things that I was pretty sure weren't going to change and pencil for the things I knew probably would.  Well.... you know what people say?  If you want to hear God laugh, make a plan.  That's what happened.  My plan was quickly changed and I had lots and lots of pen marks through things I was convinced would not change.  As for the lists, they are slowly getting items checked off, of course, they are also have new items added almost weekly.  There is hardly any time for anything to be added, but I seem to always find a way.

This first week of June very little was planned.  It was the first week in a REALLY long time that I didn't find myself running my hands down my face wondering how I was going to get EVERYTHING accomplished that week.  So, instead of making things to fill my week, God made me slow down.  I am currently sick.  I have been running a low grade fever and I feel like my head is going to float away.  I have tried taking medicine, but to no success.  I tried running errands yesterday, anyway, but found that I was not that effective.  Thus, I am staying inside until this sickness leaves me alone.  I just hope it goes away before next week, because I am BUSY next week and don't have time to sit down and do nothing. 

On that note, I do have the pre-move out inspection of our house today.  Shouldn't take too long and hopefully won't be much for me to have to accomplish.  I am thankful.

Where are the tissues??

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! Not because you're sick (I'm just getting over my nasty head cold...I think) but because you're moving! I love to move. It's a pain but I love being able to go through everything and get rid of some junk and being able to reorganize in a new place.... Now I'm daydreaming ;) Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete