Saturday, June 5, 2010

Top Ten Things I LOVED About Today

I feel like so many of my posts over the last couple of weeks have been me complaining about SOMETHING.  I wanted to write a post tonight about wonderful things.  Today has been an awesome day.  It has literally been filled with people I love and family time I crave.  Here are the top ten things that helped me feel happy and full today!  These are in no particular order.

  • Getting to talk to Dustin.  He's my brother.  No, not biologically, but he's still my brother.  He knows most of my secrets and loves me anyway.  We don't talk nearly as much as we should, and every time we do, I walk away remembering why I love him so much.  He is a good man.  If I could move him wherever I were to move for the rest of my life, I would.  Creepy, I know, but that is the kind of person he is, I just want to be near him during my life.
  • Talking to my mom.  I DO talk to her everyday, but for some reason, today it felt different.  I love talking to my mom.  We even talked on Skype today.  It's nice to see her face every once in awhile.  She is coming to visit in July, and I cannot wait.  
  • Going to the Waikele outlets specifically to let Jared ride the quarter operated machines.  The smile on his face was worth the $5 in quarters we spent on the stupid rides.
  • Cleaning out closets and getting closer and closer to the day that we are going to move out of here.  While cleaning I found a letter that Dustin wrote to me our senior year in high school.  I read it and, once again, remembered why I love him so much.  I also saw a picture of a former best friend and I playing the tuba.  It brought back memories.  I don't want to go back, but it's nice to reminisce from time to time.
  • Falling in love with my husband again.  I do this every single day, and today was no different.  He's a good man.  He makes my life complete.  He reminds me to be a better mother and a better person.  I am so lucky to call him my husband, and I will for the rest of my life.
  • Talking to my Amy.  She's my sister.  Yes, biologically.  When she lived in England, I talked to her ALL the time, and yet, now that she lives in Vegas, we hardly ever talk anymore.  So, it was nice to hear her voice, talk about life, and remember why I love having a sister like her.  We are so much alike in some ways that it is scary, yet, different enough to know that we are completely different people.  I love her.
  • Feeling the relief of being able to cross a TON of stuff off of our "To Do List" for this upcoming move.  Still so much to do, but it is much less than it was.
  • Jared is still steadily getting better.  The pneumonia sucks, but I am thankful the his pediatrician knows what he is going and continues to give Jared the care that he needs.  
  • Talking to Gramma Lei/Mom Payne.  She left Hawaii a couple of weeks ago now to a shower of tears.  My life here in Hawaii hasn't quite been the same since.  Although, she has kept her word and called me once a week.  I love hearing her voice.  She reminds me to hang on just a little tighter to things that I may want to let go of.  She also demands that I stop stressing about things and just let God sort it all out.  Tomorrow is her birthday.
  • Personally having a growth day.  A day where I could feel myself fitting into the life that I want to fit into.  I love the people in my life, and I don't let them know enough.  Today, I got to tell several of them, and that makes me personally happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment