With our impending move just about a week away, I find myself wondering if I got rid of enough stuff. I have tried to repeat the mantra of "purge, purge, purge". I did not want to ship a bunch of nonsense across the pacific ocean to only make it to our new home and wonder what I was thinking. We decided to get rid of most of our larger furniture, mainly because most of it was 5-6 years old and had already survived one move. We have been able to make a little money on some of the furniture. Yet, I still sit here and wonder if I could have gotten rid of a few more (insert object here).
We have really tried to make the transition easy for Jared. He's almost 3 and lately it has seemed that a lot of changes have taken place in his world. It isn't easy explaining to him why some of his favorite people aren't around and why he can't see some of his best friends whenever he wants to because they are visiting grandparents. No matter how hard we try, the moving transition is going to set him off. There is no way that watching all of our furniture leave the house piece by piece, or watching his toys slowly dwindle when he wakes up from his naps is going to make my little man happy.
One thing I forgot, though was boxes. No, I don't mean that I forget to purchase/acquire boxes, I mean that I forgot the joy that boxes can bring to a little person. Jared has been finding many many ways to use the left over boxes/rubbermaid bins that have been left empty while I go in search of things to fill them with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He's getting so big! And he's adorable :) We used to build forts with the empty boxes while my mom was unpacking from our frequent moves. So much fun!
ReplyDelete