Tuesday, December 1, 2009

You Don't Have to Like Me....

... because I have a lot of people who love me.

Today I was reminded, yet again, just how special I can feel.  There aren't many people who would go out of their way for a two year old, but Papa Dan sure does.  He loves his grandchildren, even those that aren't blood related to him (like Jared), and he does an awful lot for them.  He called today and asked if he could come over and hang out for awhile.  He said he had a meeting he had to go to and was in the area.  His meeting wasn't until 11:45 this morning, and it was only 9 when he called.  I know he was coming over to make my little man's day.  And he did.  Jared loves Papa Dan.  There are few men in his life that he loves more than him.  He thinks that it is the absolute greatest thing EVER when he gets undivided Papa time.  And, well, you can tell that Papa thinks it is pretty great, too.

And, let's be totally honest here, I think it's awesome too because I get adult conversation.  That goes a LONG way during the day when I have Jared and well, Jared to talk to.  He's a great conversationalist, but his "maaa" and"punkin" and "baoon" and other such words get kind of old after 8 or 9 hours of them.

On this same topic, last night was Bible study.  I love Bible study.  I am surrounded by people I consider family (even if we are disfunctional), we eat, we tease, and then we learn about God.  Doesn't get much better.  Last night we had some new people, and well, they just added so much spirit to our group.  I am so glad that they came.  After Bible study I got a great 8 hours of sleep, and felt ready and willing to face the day ahead of me today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment