Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When I have no voice, how do I get my point across?

I think it is safe to assume that Jared and I are both over whatever viruses were lurking in our bodies.  However, as a special consolation gift, I was left with no voice.  I don't have a cough and my throat isn't sore, but when I speak it sounds like I have been smoking a pack a day for years.  This doesn't happen to me often, which is good, since I love to talk, but when it does I am always left scrambling for the best way to communicate throughout the day.  After reading various websites, I have determined that if I choose to forgo the advice of keeping my mouth shut, then I could have this laryngitis for a lot longer then if I just tape my mouth shut for the rest of the day.  I even tried justifying that I slept for 8 WHOLE hours with no talking, that should count, I think.  So, for the rest of the night, as it is 6:30 here in Hawaii, I am vowing to keep my mouth shut.  I DID talk today.  I HAD to.... come on..... seriously!  I can't survive without some sort of conversation throughout my day. 

In other news, Brandon's shifts these last two days have not been nearly as bad as we expected.  But, he thinks that starting tomorrow there will be long shifts of 12+ hours.  Just 3 more days, and only 2 of them will be full days, because on Friday he checks out on leave, and that is it!  Woo hoo!  TEN whole days with my hubby without the boat interfering.  Oh the joy!

Anybody know how to make prime rib??  I am thinking that it may have to be something that sits on our table this year for Christmas.  I could use all the help I can get on the best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment