Monday, July 26, 2010

Brain Purge

  • I have a "To Do" list that is way longer than I want it to be and there is no end in sight.
  • The emotional part of the move has started for me.  I go through phases.  Sometimes it hits me, and sometimes it feel like we aren't moving at all.
  • We STILL have no official word from Idaho.  We are staying strong in our faith and trusting that God will provide us the answers we are seeking.
  • I have a plan A, B, C, D, E, F, and G for just about every aspect of this move.
  • I don't think Jared has any idea what is coming, only that he gets to go to Disneyland and then visit family.
  • I don't think I have any idea what is coming.  Period.
  • I have tried to keep myself super organized, and for the most part, I have been, but I know that there are going to be things that I didn't think of, and that frustrates me.
  • I have been eating a lot of humble pie lately.  Stress can make me mean, and I am taking it out on all the wrong people.
  • Jared favorite thing about this move:  he gets to move suitcases around and sit in them and pack them and unpack them and do it all over again.
  • I wanted to be able to move with less than 5 suitcases, and I think we are going to have 6.
  • I am going to miss my friends, a lot.  I am older now, and it's a lot harder to make friends than it was when I was 8.  I can't just offer someone a friendship bracelet and ask them to swing with me.
  • Oddly enough, I have grown closer to friends rather than pushed them away as the end comes.  I thought for sure I would not want to hang out/talk to most of the people I love out here, simply because it would be easier.  But, I find that I am treasuring each moment I get with these people.
  • I feel like all I talk about these days is this move, and that is because that is mostly what is going on in our lives.
  • I bought myself a new Bible study book that will demand my time 5 days a week.  I am excited to get closer to God, and maybe let the other things fall away. 
  • I wish I knew what tomorrow was going to bring, but for the moment, I am hoping to get through today with less tears, less stress, fewer things on my to do list, and more love than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment