Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A decade in review

It dawned on me today that this year is my ten year reunion for my high school.  Was it really 10 years ago that I was a senior in high school?!  It makes me feel old to know that it was so long ago.  I have no idea if I will actually be able to make it to my reunion, but just thinking about it, makes me look over the past ten years and think about what has happened.  What I have lost, what I have gained, what has changed.  Here's a brief look at my life over the last ten years:

2000:  Graduated from high school

2001:  Continued going to Community College.  Of course the towers fell.  I was in the middle of a horrible situation.

2002:  Said good-bye to a four year relationship and struggled to find myself amidst the rubble.  Started working for Southwest Airlines.

2003:  Met Brandon through mutual friends.

2004:  Survived my first deployment with Brandon.  Big Jared Christopher Miller was taken from us too soon in a car accident.  Brandon left for Hawaii.  I continued in college and working for Southwest. 

2005:  Brandon proposed, we got married, I moved to Hawaii.  I finished my degree in Elementary education. 

2006:  I became a Christian.  Brandon went on WestPac.  I traveled to Guam to meet the boat.  We got pregnant for the 4th time (we had 3 previous miscarriages)

2007:  Jared Christopher was born in August.  Brandon transferred to shore duty.

2008:  I started and completed my Master's degree for Curriculum & Instruction: Reading.  Brandon finished his degree in Nuclear Engineering.

2009:  Brandon's little sister, Aleah got married.  Other than that, just had a growing toddler

2010:  We start the process of moving on from Hawaii to other adventures that await us.

Life in a nutshell.  I am just thankful for the experiences that have shaped me into the person that I am still becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment